Sharon Station - Northeast corner of Main and State Streets
Posted by jonathanwichter on November 05 2017 09:20:03
This passenger station was formerly two separate buildings that previously served as a dry goods store on the corner of Main Street and State Street (GPS: 41.233070, -80.512215). The station canopy on the side was added later when it became a passenger station sometime between 1888-1893. The building in the front part was brick, whereas the rear section was wood frame (the canopy stretched down Main Street across the side of both buildings). Later, this building was replaced with the fully brick structure that stands today and served the Erie RR through the end of passenger service.